At The Learning Sanctuary Ashwood, we encourage children to learn through play and their inherent connection to the natural world.
Why choose The Learning Sanctuary Ashwood?
- A dedicated and qualified team of educators who provide early learning and care for children from nursery to kindergarten age.
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by an early childhood teacher.
- Each indoor and outdoor setting offers countless opportunities for play-based discovery and exploration.
- You’ll never have to worry about packing lunches or snacks. Our in-house chef prepares healthy, seasonal food that children can’t wait to devour. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys to inspire imaginative play and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our nursery room provides an environment that is both nurturing and rich in learning experiences. Our caring and qualified educators love to play, read, rhyme, sing, clap and dance with the babies to enhance their development.
- Toddlers are given ample opportunity to develop their social skills and self-confidence in their interactions with others, and to learn literacy and numeracy skills through real-life experiences.
- Our daily updates and photos through our parent communication App allow you to keep track of your child’s learning and development.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable garden teach children how to grow food and care for the planet.
- We understand that parents don’t always have time for extracurricular activities, so we’ve organised a music program, a sports program, and regular incursions and excursions.
- Our kindergarten and childcare centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
Our philosophy is that when it comes to children we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and Drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 7:00am – 6:30pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
Give us a call or drop in to our childcare and kindergarten centre to find out more about our program.
Meet the Manager
I have been working in early learning since 2008 when I started as an unqualified educator and have never looked back, having held positions of assistant and lead educator and assistant centre manager before moving into the rewarding role of centre manager. I have completed my certificate III in childcare and diploma of early education and care and have been with The Learning Sanctuary Ashwood since August 2021.
I love working early childhood as I have grown up with children all my life. To me every day is a new day, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing the children develop their own personalities, watching a child learn, grow and becoming their own person. Each day the children are teaching me as well as me teaching them.
Every day is another learning experience, and working in childcare is no exception. I have learnt many teachings over the years, I adopt with the change and love using my new knowledge to further educate the children.
The benefits of attending an early childhood education are endless. It encourages social skills, improves social anxiety and more development needs. We have qualified educators guided by the children’s interests and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (EYLDF).
Our team here at The Learning Sanctuary Ashwood is extremely passionate about creating a ventre that is a home away from home for both families and children, team member have been at the ventre over four years and many close to long service, each educator has a lot of knowledge. We are team that celebrates diversity of all cultures.
We are fortunate to have educators who speak a variety of languages. The Centre really is an extension of the home environment, and we work in partnership with families to ensure this is the case, understanding each child’s individual needs.
We understand that starting at a new centre can be overwhelming, which is why we communicate with families regularly. We walk families through all the forms and administration that need to be done. This includes enrolment forms, Child Care Subsidy (CCS), explaining subsidies, government caps, centre schedules, our centre menu and more. We organize orientation for the child start to be introduced to the educators, children and get familiarize with the new environment.
Book a tour today and start your child’s journey with The Learning Sanctuary