At The Learning Sanctuary Nedlands, we pride ourselves on providing a high-quality early learning experience in a safe and supportive environment.
Why choose our centre?
- Our boutique centre boasts purpose-built indoor spaces and a large outdoor learning environment designed to inspire a love of nature. We offer a two-storey centre with two playground areas, sandpits, water play activities, and animals including birds, crazy crabs and fish.
- We proudly hold an “Exceeding” rating from the National Quality Standard.
- You’ll never have to worry about packing lunches or snacks. Our in-house chef prepares healthy food children love to eat in our open-plan kitchen. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- Our nursery rooms offer an environment that is warm, nurturing and rich in learning experiences. Our caring and qualified educators love to play, read, rhyme, sing, clap and dance with the babies to enhance their development.
- Toddlers are given ample opportunity to develop their social skills and self-confidence in their interactions with others, and to learn literacy and numeracy skills through real-life experiences.
- Our kindergarten program is based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by a qualified early childhood teacher. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy and social skills, it will ensure your child is ready for school and life beyond.
- We understand that parents don’t always have time for extracurricular activities, so we’ve organised specialised programs including Pyjama Drama imaginative play, Jelly Tots dance and music program, Hey Dee Ho yoga for mindfulness, junior soccer, Fun Languages French lessons and Lingoland Mandarin lessons.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable garden teach children how to grow food and care for the planet.
- You’ll receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience through our app.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Meet the Centre Manager – Fiona Byrne
I’ve been working in early education and child care since 2005. I have a Diploma of Children’s Services and Diploma of Leadership and Management and I’m currently working towards my Bachelor of Psychology – Children and Family Studies Double Major.
The role of an educator is to encourage and nurture children through their journey, inspire them to be lifelong learners, and allow them to learn and discover through play as well as intentional teaching.
I love meeting and connecting with new families and children. I also appreciate being a part of each child’s development, from the smiles and messy play to the wonderful firsts and celebrating the little moments as they grow.
We are very much a family-orientated centre and believe in the philosophy that it takes a village to raise a child. We welcome you to come visit and see for yourself.
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
Our philosophy is that when it comes to children we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and Drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 7:00am – 6:30pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
Give us a call or drop in to our centre to find out more about our program.
Book a tour today and start your child’s journey with The Learning Sanctuary
The Learning Sanctuary Nedlands has proudly received an Exceeding rating under the National Quality Standards!