At The Learning Sanctuary Thebarton Montessori, we give children the freedom to make choices and guide their own learning with the nurturing support of our specially trained Montessori educators.
Why choose our centre?
- Our specialised early learning centre offers a first-rate Montessori inspired-program a safe and supportive environment.
- Facilities include purpose-built indoor spaces, a large outdoor area, a timber play structure, a vegetable garden and a sandpit.
- We also offer a range of included incursions such as music, tennis and yoga.
- We encourage children to use real-life tools and engage in cooking, gardening, cleaning and washing to learn Practical Life skills, one of the main pillars of the Montessori approach.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable garden teach children how to grow food and care for the planet. Our chickens also educate the children about caring for animals.
- Children can choose between a variety of lessons in the afternoons, including physical education, dance, music, and arts and crafts.
- We love being a part of the local community, so we offer a variety of incursions and excursions. These include visits from the circus, environmental walks, and outings to the local supermarket and schools.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including Montessori materials, iPads and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by an early childhood teacher.
- Nutritious breakfast, morning tea, afternoon tea and snacks are provided every day.
- We are a member of the SunSmart program.
- You’ll receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience via our Kindyhub app.
- You’ll be able to manage your child’s attendance at our centre on our easy-to-use Xplor app.
- Our door code security system guarantees your child’s safety and security.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
When it comes to children, we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school-readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning, and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Give us a call or drop into our centre to find out more about our program.
Book a tour to experience The Learning Sanctuary Montessori difference.