At The Learning Sanctuary Thebarton Montessori, we give children the freedom to make choices and guide their own learning with the nurturing support of our specially trained Montessori educators.
Why choose our centre?
- Our specialised early learning centre offers a first-rate Montessori educational program in a safe and supportive environment.
- Facilities include purpose-built indoor spaces, a large outdoor area, a timber play structure, a vegetable garden and a sandpit.
- We also offer a range of included incursions such as music, tennis and yoga.
- We encourage children to use real-life tools and engage in cooking, gardening, cleaning and washing to learn Practical Life skills, one of the main pillars of the Montessori approach.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable garden teach children how to grow food and care for the planet. Our chickens also educate the children about caring for animals.
- Children can choose between a variety of lessons in the afternoons, including physical education, dance, music, and arts and crafts.
- We love being a part of the local community, so we offer on a variety of incursions and excursions. These include visits from the circus, environmental walks, and outings to the local supermarket and schools.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including Montessori materials, iPads and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by an early childhood teacher.
- Nutritious breakfast, morning tea, afternoon tea and snacks are provided every day.
- We are a member of the SunSmart program.
- You’ll receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience via our Kindyhub app.
- You’ll be able to manage your child’s attendance at our centre on our easy-to-use Xplor app.
- Our door code security system guarantees your child’s safety and security.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Meet the centre manager – Edel Flanagan
Welcome to The Learning Sanctuary Montessori Thebarton.
I’m originally from Ireland and I’ve been working with children in Ireland, the UK and Australia since 2010. I hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care with Honours as well as a Graduate Certificate in Primary Education. I’m also a certified supervisor, I hold a certificate in Emergency First Aid and I’m a registered teacher in South Australia.
I’m extremely passionate about the education and care of young children. I will continue to lead my team in implementing an educational program that enhances children’s individuality, listens to their voices and helps them develop a lifelong love of learning.
Our team is committed to providing the best quality care and education for every child. Our small centre allows us to build and maintain strong relationships with children and their families. Our focus is to be an extension of your home in a space that allows each child to grow, learn and develop in a safe, secure and inclusive environment.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our centre.
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
When it comes to children, we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school-readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning, and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Give us a call or drop in to our centre to find out more about our program.
Book a tour to experience The Learning Sanctuary Montessori difference.