The Learning Sanctuary Camp Hill
We’re passionate about providing inspiring learning environments that help children play, learn and grow.
At The Learning Sanctuary Camp Hill, we provide a nurturing early learning environment equipped with brand-new resources and a play-based curriculum. Our childcare centre is conveniently located near you. Less than 8km from Brisbane CBD and a only few minutes from neighbouring suburbs such as East Brisbane, Coorparoo, Carina Heights, Carina and Seven Hills.
Why choose our early education centre?
- Qualified and experienced educators providing child care from nursery to kindergarten/preschool.
- Our curriculum is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and includes a daily Kindergarten program taught by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher.
- Our childcare centre promotes exploration and discovery with natural and tech-based resources inside and cubby houses, sandpits and more adventure-filled equipment outside.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys, Interactive Whiteboard and Touch Learning Tables.
- Extra-curricular programs included in fees to build social and physical ability. These include Introduction to Japanese Culture and Future Champs, a complete health and physical educational program including Yoganastics.
- We have a dedicated zen room for projects, meditation and yoga.
- Our sustainability program teaches children a sense of responsibility and how to care for the planet.
- Nutritionally balanced meals are prepared daily by our in-house cook. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- Real time photos, videos and updates via our parent communication app.
- Fully air-conditioned centre with parking to make pick-ups and drop-offs easier for parents.
- Nappies, wipes and sunscreen are included for your convenience. All you need to bring is your child.
- We provide flexible hours with 9-hour, 10-hour or full day sessions to allow families to make the most of their Child Care Subsidy.
Meet the Centre Manager – Karina Windolf
I have worked in the Early Education sector since leaving school, which is over 22 years. I’m married with two teenage sons and a fur baby.
My key responsibilities are many and varied and include but are not limited to:
Supervising the programs and the quality of care the centre provides. Ensuring that the programs provided encompass all aspects of child development. Maintain and implement Centre policies and procedures. Maintain the established process for the recruitment, orientation and support of team members. Ensure team members are suitably qualified in accordance with regulations. Ensure the daily programs meet the demands of children. Listening to parents and team members and make every effort to assist. Build meaningful relationships with children and families and support them in all aspects of their learning journey.
I love what I do and can’t imagine myself in any other career. I’m passionate about mentoring staff to ensure they provide a quality care and education environment that supports families and the wider community. I want our educational facility to standout in our community as a globally aware facility preparing your little ones for their futures as they learn and grow into independent global citizens.
We are very proud of our underlying Montessori philosophy, as well as our highly qualified and competent staff from many and varied cultures. In today’s interconnected global world, one of the greatest gifts we can give our children is to prepare them to thrive in the new world marketplace. We must teach our children to appreciate, communicate and interact with people across different cultures and in other countries. Our Montessori philosophy teaches that our children need cultural sensitivity; the ability to interpret diverse situations, while being an empathetic team player.
We want to teach passion and curiosity that enables our children to enjoy the cultural diversity we share. We believe that through exploring social, moral and ethical issues through play-based learning, we will foster a sense of justice, empathy and social awareness in their lives and the lives of their families and community.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
The Learning Sanctuary Runs A Government Approved Kindergarten Program
Our kindergarten program is designed to meet government guidelines and prepares your child for school through:
- An engaging, play-based learning approach
- The development of literacy and numeracy skills using real-life experiences
- A focus on social and emotional development
- A comprehensive curriculum taught by qualified teachers and educators
- Stimulating learning environments
We offer longer and more convenient hours than traditional kindergartens, with our program running from 7.00am-7.00pm, five days a week, for 52 weeks of the year.
Give us a call or drop in to our centre at your convenience to find out more.
Enquire now to experience The Learning Sanctuary difference. We look forward to welcoming your family to our centre.