Experience early learning reimagined at The Learning Sanctuary Footscray
Our early learning and long day care centre offers child care in Footscray in a modern setting that is perfect for families living or commuting through Footscray or nearby suburbs Kingsville, Seddon, Maidstone and Yarraville.
We understand how busy life can be for our families, so we offer a stress-free all-inclusive early education experience to make your life easier. From nutritious meals made fresh daily, nappies and wipes to engaging specialised programs – this is all included in the daily fee.
Why choose The Learning Sanctuary Footscray?
|Adventure-filled playgrounds||Healthy meals|
|Specialised programs||Kindergarten program|
|Nappies, wipes and bed linen||Regular updates and photos|
- Qualified and long-standing educator team who are dedicated to developing a great relationship with your family and children.
- Our play-based learning is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery through to kindergarten age.
- Our adventure-filled playgrounds features purpose-built indoor spaces and a natural outdoor environment including sandpits, water play area, natural gardens and plenty of space to explore.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys to inspire imaginative play and interactive whiteboards.
- Our nutritionally balanced menu is prepared daily by our in-house chef. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- Fees are inclusive of nappies, wipes and bed linen for your convenience.
- A kindergarten program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher. The program will prepare your child socially and emotionally for the next step in their early education journey.
- You’ll receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience through our parent communication app.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- Engaging specialised programs include music and movement and Spanish language lessons to enhance your child’s development.
- We organise a range of special guests and events at the centre based on the children’s interests to extend on the children’s learning.
- Regular cultural events reflecting the diversity in our local community.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable garden teach children how to grow food and care for the planet.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
Meet the centre manager – Karin Payne
I’ve been working in Early Childhood Education and Care since 1998. I hold a Diploma of Children’s Services and Diploma of Leadership and Management.
I knew from an early age I wanted to work with children. I love being part of children’s lives and watching them grow and develop into confident individuals. I strive to provide a warm, nurturing and safe environment that enables each child to feel loved and secure.
What makes our centre unique is the team of qualified educators. All the educators are passionate and caring and have amazing relationships with all our families and children. Our Kinder teacher has an amazing program that she runs throughout the day. Her program is designed to assist children’s development in all areas. Social skills, emotional skills, language, literacy and numeracy skills and for the children to have joy in learning in group activities. We also have a Spanish class that one of our educators conducts in the kinder room, this is done daily.
At The Learning Sanctuary Footscray, your family will be heard, loved and supported. We look forward to welcoming you to our centre and answering any questions you might have.
Rooms and Facilities
The Learning Sanctuary Footscray provides early education and child care for children from nursery age through to kindergarten. Each room has been planned and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Nursery (6 weeks – 2 years)
Our nursery rooms provide:
- A safe and nurturing environment where children feel confident to explore and learn
- Tummy time, physical activity, messy play and sensory play
- Language-rich activities including music, singing, reading and rhymes
- A continuation of your family’s home routine including sleep and feed times
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit any time of the day
Early Learners (2 – 3 years)
Our Early Learners rooms offer:
- Enhanced social skills through group and individual play
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- A language-rich environment through books and conversations
- Opportunities to explore literacy and numeracy concepts through real-life experiences
Pre-Kinder (3 – 4 years)
Our Pre-Kinder room provides:
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who support children’s learning and social-emotional development
- The development of literacy, numeracy and social skills through play
- Unlimited opportunities for outdoor play and discovery
- Extracurricular programs including Spanish lessons
Kinder (4 – 5 years)
Our kindergarten room offers:
- A kindergarten program focused on sharpening literacy and numeracy skills through play
- With longer and more convenient hours than traditional Kindergartens – 7:00am to 6:30pm, five days a week, 52 weeks of the year – your child will be truly prepared for school and life beyond
- Opportunities for children to use their interests as a vehicle for learning
- Activities that boost social and emotional skills, self-awareness and respect for others
- A transition-to-school program