Experience early learning reimagined at The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater
Our modern long day care and early learning centre is ideally located for families in Freshwater, Harbord, Queenscliff, Glenfield, North Curl Curl, North Manly and many other Northern Beaches suburbs.
We understand how busy the daily routine can be for our families, so we offer an all-inclusive child care and early education experience. From nappies and wipes to nutritious meals prepared daily, everything is included in the daily fee.
Our child care centre is conveniently located in the heart of Freshwater, close to main bus routes into the CBD for easy drop-offs and pick-ups.
Why you’ll love The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater
|Quality learning resources||Nappies, wipes and bed linen|
|Preschool program||Regular updates and photos|
|Nutritious meals||Community visits|
- Qualified and experienced educator team who are dedicated to developing a great relationship with your family and children.
- We’re proud to be rated Exceeding the National Quality Standard. The National Quality Standard encompasses the seven key quality areas that are important for children’s learning and development.
- We offer an interest-based learning program guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery to preschool age.
- Our modern, two-storey centre features creative learning environments and the latest interactive technology including SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our spacious and natural outdoor areas cover two levels of the centre encouraging exploration and learning through play. They include a cubby house, the HMAS Freshwater, water play area, balance beams, slides and sandpits.
- No need to worry about packing lunches or snacks. Our in-house chef prepares healthy seasonal food that children can’t wait to devour. View menu sample here.
- Nappies, wipes, bed linen and formula are included for your convenience.
- A kindergarten program taught by a bachelor qualified early childhood teacher. The program will prepare your child socially and emotionally for the next step in their early education journey.
- Receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience through our parent communication app, so you will never miss a moment of your child’s day.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- We regularly welcome special community guests to the centre based on the children’s interests to extend on the children’s learning.
- Our sustainability program teaches children how to care for the planet.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
Meet the centre manager – Yvette Healey
My career in Early Childhood Education and Care began in 1999 after completing completing my Associate Diploma of Social Science (Child Studies) at Crows Nest TAFE.
As a mother and educator, I have a strong belief in the importance of “partnership”, working cooperatively with parents to achieve the best possible care for their individual child. Ensuring that each child develops to his/her full potential. When caring for children I value and aim to promote an environment that is safe and secure, rich and varied in developmentally appropriate, individualised experiences and one that is consistent with family values and home routines.
The most rewarding aspect of my professional journey has been the relationships that I have formed with other educators, families, children and the community and working collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for children.
Our exceptionally well resourced centre boasts five classrooms dedicated to each of the age groups. Each space opens freely to the outdoors allowing for flow of indoor/outdoor play. We believe that the environment is the third teacher. The environment is recognised for its potential to inspire children in their learning. Our indoor learning spaces are filled with natural light, order and beauty. Our learning environments are open spaces free from clutter, where every material is considered for its purpose, every corner is ever-evolving to encourage children to delve deeper into their interests. All learning spaces encourage collaboration, communication and exploration and respect children as capable by providing them with authentic materials and tools.
Book a tour today to meet our dedicated team and see everything The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater has to offer. We cannot wait to meet your family and share this exciting journey with you.
Meet the centre chef – Georgia Kohe-Love
Working as a chef since 2000 I have seen so much change in the industry, but none so much as I have over the past few years. Being aware of the human impact on the planet has become a big part of the way I look at cooking. Using sustainable products, reducing waste and greenhouse emissions, recycling, composting and growing my own vegetables and herbs has become a big part of the way I work in the kitchen.
Taking the role of chef at The Learning Sanctuary has given me the opportunity to practice all these methods and show the children how to become more “Green”. To have respect and be more aware of the planet we live in. Starting our worm farm has started the process of reusing organic matter, reducing landfill and creating the best fertiliser for our vegetable garden. Our aim is to let the children see where the vegetables come from that they are eating for their morning and afternoon tea – Paddock to plate.
I am learning something every day, and believe that if our children feel safe, they can take risks, ask questions, learn to trust, share their feelings and grow.
Book a tour to meet our dedicated team and see everything The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater has to offer.
Rooms and Facilities
The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater provides early education and child care for children from nursery age through to preschool. Each room has been planned and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Starfish (6 weeks – 12 months) and Seahorses (12 months – 2 years)
Our Nursery rooms provide:
- A safe, secure and homely environment for your little one to thrive.
- Qualified and devoted educator team who truly care about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to grow physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- A continuation of your family’s home routine including sleep and feed times.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit any time of the day.
Fairy Penguins (2 – 3 years)
Our Toddler room offers:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The ongoing development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions.
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to engage in basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
Seals (3 – 4 years) and Dolphins (4 – 5 years)
Our Preschool rooms provide:
- A Preschool program aimed at further developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- With longer and more convenient hours than traditional Preschools – 7:30am to 6:00pm, five days a week, 52 weeks of the year – your child will be truly prepared for school and life beyond.
- Interest-based learning places children at the helm of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to further develop social skills and emotional development.