Experience early learning reimagined at The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater
Our modern long day care and early learning centre is ideally located for families in Freshwater, Harbord, Queenscliff, Glenfield, North Curl Curl, North Manly and many other Northern Beaches suburbs.
We understand how busy the daily routine can be for our families, so we offer an all-inclusive child care and early education experience. From nappies and wipes to nutritious meals prepared daily, everything is included in the daily fee.
Our child care centre is conveniently located in the heart of Freshwater, close to main bus routes into the CBD for easy drop-offs and pick-ups.
Why you’ll love The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater
|Quality learning resources||Nappies, wipes and bed linen|
|Preschool program||Regular updates and photos|
|Nutritious meals||Community visits|
- Qualified and experienced educator team who are dedicated to developing a great relationship with your family and children.
- We’re proud to be rated Exceeding the National Quality Standard. The National Quality Standard encompasses the seven key quality areas that are important for children’s learning and development.
- We offer an interest-based learning program guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery to preschool age.
- Our modern, two-storey centre features creative learning environments and the latest interactive technology including SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our spacious and natural outdoor areas cover two levels of the centre encouraging exploration and learning through play. They include a cubby house, the HMAS Freshwater, water play area, balance beams, slides and sandpits.
- No need to worry about packing lunches or snacks. Our in-house chef prepares healthy seasonal food that children can’t wait to devour. View menu sample here.
- Nappies, wipes, bed linen and formula are included for your convenience.
- A kindergarten program taught by a bachelor qualified early childhood teacher. The program will prepare your child socially and emotionally for the next step in their early education journey.
- Receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience through our parent communication app, so you will never miss a moment of your child’s day.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- We regularly welcome special community guests to the centre based on the children’s interests to extend on the children’s learning.
- Our sustainability program teaches children how to care for the planet.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
Meet the centre manager – Tara Egan
I began my career in early childhood education and care in 1996. I hold a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood). I have worked with every age group, including OOSH. My specialty is school readiness and preschool programs.
I come from a family of teachers. My grandmother, and mother were teachers and so is my husband. Teaching was the obvious choice for me; however, I like to be a little different and choose to work with early learners. After teaching for many years and raising my own son, giving children the space and opportunity to grow and become who they want to be is important. Every person has their own hopes, dreams and interests – and children are no different.
All childcare centres, including our centre, use the foundation of play-based learning to guide our experiences every day. With access to a range of age-appropriate learning resources, trained educators, and new experiences among friends, we set children up to thrive in an environment that is dedicated to learning. Learning to be a good class member and teammate is one of the most important and obvious aspects of an early learning environment. Children may be able to look at books and draw at home, but the home environment cannot teach positive classroom behaviors or how to be a good friend. .
Our team understands just how important your children are to you and we ensure we take our responsibilities seriously. The Learning Sanctuary has extensive policy and procedures in place to assist our team in protecting children in our care. We undertake daily and weekly health and safety checks, as well as more thorough annual risk assessments.
We suggest families come by and see us in person. It is important to meet the educators and get a sense of our teaching philosophy to really feel at home. Families are welcome to have as many stays and play visits as they wish before their first day. We find that parents love getting to know their children’s classmates and participating in our day.
Welcome to The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater.
Meet the centre chef – Georgia Kohe-Love
Working as a chef since 2000 I have seen so much change in the industry, but none so much as I have over the past few years. Being aware of the human impact on the planet has become a big part of the way I look at cooking. Using sustainable products, reducing waste and greenhouse emissions, recycling, composting and growing my own vegetables and herbs has become a big part of the way I work in the kitchen.
Taking the role of chef at The Learning Sanctuary has given me the opportunity to practice all these methods and show the children how to become more “Green”. To have respect and be more aware of the planet we live in. Starting our worm farm has started the process of reusing organic matter, reducing landfill and creating the best fertiliser for our vegetable garden. Our aim is to let the children see where the vegetables come from that they are eating for their morning and afternoon tea – Paddock to plate.
I am learning something every day, and believe that if our children feel safe, they can take risks, ask questions, learn to trust, share their feelings and grow.
Book a tour to meet our dedicated team and see everything The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater has to offer.
Rooms and Facilities
The Learning Sanctuary Freshwater provides early education and child care for children from nursery age through to preschool. Each room has been planned and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Starfish (6 weeks – 12 months) and Seahorses (12 months – 2 years)
Our Nursery rooms provide:
- A safe, secure and homely environment for your little one to thrive.
- Qualified and devoted educator team who truly care about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to grow physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- A continuation of your family’s home routine including sleep and feed times.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit any time of the day.
Fairy Penguins (2 – 3 years)
Our Toddler room offers:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The ongoing development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions.
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to engage in basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
Seals (3 – 4 years) and Dolphins (4 – 5 years)
Our Preschool rooms provide:
- A Preschool program aimed at further developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- With longer and more convenient hours than traditional Preschools – 7:30am to 6:00pm, five days a week, 52 weeks of the year – your child will be truly prepared for school and life beyond.
- Interest-based learning places children at the helm of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to further develop social skills and emotional development.