At the Learning Sanctuary Kings Square, Perth, we believe in the three pillars of early learning: belonging, being and becoming. We are committed to nurturing your child’s wellbeing.
Why choose our childcare centre?
- Our state-of-the-art centre boasts purpose-built indoor spaces and a large outdoor learning environment designed to inspire a love of nature. We provide sandpits, water play, a veggie garden and a sustainability program to foster an understanding of our planet and how to care for it.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys to inspire imaginative play and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- You’ll never have to worry about packing lunches or snacks. Our in-house chef prepares healthy seasonal food children love to eat and caters for all dietary requirements.
- Our nursery rooms offer an environment that is warm, nurturing and rich in learning experiences. Our caring and qualified educators love to play, read, rhyme, sing, clap and dance with the babies to enhance their development.
- Toddlers are given ample opportunity to develop their social skills and self-confidence in their interactions with others, and to learn literacy and numeracy skills through real-life experiences.
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by a qualified early childhood educator. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy and social skills, it will ensure your child is ready for school and foster a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
- Our daily updates and photos allow you to keep track of your child’s learning and development.
- Angel care monitors (breathing monitors) are used for all children under 10 months.
- Our security card access system guarantees your child’s safety and security.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has conveniently located drop-off bays as well as pram storage for families that use public transport.
- Extra-curricular programs
- Kiddo – physical education program
- Little Yogi’s – Yoga classes
- Pollygots language program – Mandarin and Italian
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Meet the Centre Manager – Roberta Keown
My name is Roberta Keown and I have been in the early childhood education and care sector for over 25 years. I hold a Diploma in Children’s Services, Diploma in Educational Psychology, Cert IV in Finance and I am currently completing my Bachelor’s degree in Family and Children’s Services/Psychology.
I make it my practice to be an advocate for the Early Childhood profession. I currently sit on various committees including The Education Leaders Association, and various planning committees for conferences. Being a part of these professional networks allows me the opportunity to keep up to date on the latest research and recommendations in the sector and to share information with our Educators and build knowledge.
The field of Early Childhood Education continues to excite me. I am deeply inspired by the children’s natural curiosity and propensity for learning. Our team of passionate and qualified Educators will help your child develop the building blocks for a lifelong love of learning by nurturing their sense of belonging and fostering their individuality. We create a safe welcoming and wondrous environment where children can engage in play-based learning and become capable and competent learners.
I look forward to welcoming you to our Centre and showing you through our state of the art premises with plenty of outdoor play areas located in the heart of the city. With rooms that have been specially designed to enhance your child’s learning experience.
- “No significant learning occurs without significant relationship” – Dr James P Comer
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
Our philosophy is that when it comes to children we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and Drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 7:00am – 6:30pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
Give us a call or drop in to our centre to find out more about our program.
Book a tour today and start your child’s journey with The Learning Sanctuary