The Learning Sanctuary Morningside
We’re passionate about providing inspiring learning environments that help children play, learn and grow.
At The Learning Sanctuary Morningside we provide a nurturing early learning environment equipped with brand-new resources and a play-based curriculum. We’re conveniently located near you. Less than 10km from Brisbane CBD and a few minutes from neighbouring suburbs such as Cannon Hill, Seven Hills, Balmoral and Bulimba.
Why families love our centre?
- Qualified and experienced educators providing day care from nursery to kindergarten/preschool.
- Our curriculum is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and includes a daily Kindergarten program taught by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher.
- Our centre promotes exploration and discovery with natural and tech-based resources inside and cubby houses, sandpits and more adventure-filled equipment outside.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys, Interactive Whiteboard and Touch Learning Tables.
- Extra-curricular programs included in fees to build social and physical ability. These include Introduction to Japanese Culture and Future Champs to enhance your child’s development.
- We provide monitored risky play – a fun way of involving children in real-life experiences such as woodworking which includes saws, nails and hammers to help build resilience.
- Our sustainability program teaches children a sense of responsibility and how to care for the planet.
- Nutritionally balanced meals are prepared daily by our in-house cook. We cater for all dietary requirements
- Real time photos, videos and updates via our parent communication app.
- Fully air-conditioned centre with parking to make pick-ups and drop-offs easier for parents.
- Nappies, wipes and sunscreen are included for your convenience. All you need to bring is your child.
- We provide flexible hours with 9-hour, 10-hour or full day sessions to allow families to make the most of their Child Care Subsidy.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
Meet the Centre Manager
I will begin by saying how very excited I am to be joining the already amazing team at The Learning Sanctuary Morningside.
My name is Kate, I am a mother to two amazing young ladies. Isobel is 20 and Lily is 18, I am also blessed to be part of a blended family that includes my wonderful stepson Nick who is also 18.
My journey began when I was trying to find care for my daughter so I could go back to work. As a new parent I over analysed every decision I made, feeling a vast array of emotions from guilt to more guilt to tears was a daily occurrence. It was during all those emotions that I made a decision that changed my life completely. I was going to become an Educator in the Childcare industry to so I could ensure that not only my child but all the other children in my care everyday knew they were loved, supported, and respected. That was 20 years ago, and it is one decision that I have never regretted.
People always ask me why I work in the Childcare industry. I tell them “being able to be with children everyday allows me the opportunity to be invited into a world that is filled with curiosity, magic and mystery which is all defined by a child’s imagination, that is why I love being able to work within the Childcare industry” It is a privilege to be part of their world, and what a world it is.
Having worked within various leadership roles I have been given the knowledge to be able to successfully demonstrate and drive the passion needed for a team to succeed in providing a loving, supportive, safe, fun and holistic environment which promotes valuable authentic learning experiences for your children.
I am really looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you all, please know my door is always open so feel free to pop in and say hi, I will sign off for now but leave you with a little saying from the great Winnie the Pooh…
“Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.”
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
When it comes to children, we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our life-readiness program focuses on building a child’s confidence and self-esteem as well as supporting literacy and numeracy through play-based learning, and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional kindergartens, we’re open longer from 6:30am-7.00pm. Our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
Enquire now to experience The Learning Sanctuary difference. We look forward to welcoming your family to our centre.