- Level 2 - KS3, 10 Telethon Avenue, Kings Square Perth, WA 6000 Australia
- Monday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Welcome to The Learning Sanctuary Kings Square
The Learning Sanctuary Kings Square (Perth CBD) is a modern, purpose-built child care centre that offers early childhood education for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. We are conveniently located for families living or commuting through Perth CBD and surrounding suburbs Subiaco, Highgate, Leederville and Mount Lawley. Our child care centre offers families extended open hours, from 7:00am –6:00 pm.
Our Perth CBD child care centre provides daily updates and photos detailing their child’s learning and development, which is accessible on our family app.
- Our state-of-the-art centre in Perth CBD boasts purpose-built indoor spaces and a large outdoor learning environment designed to inspire a love of nature. We provide sandpits, water play and a sustainability program to foster an understanding of our planet and how to care for it.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys to inspire imaginative play and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- You’ll never have to worry about packing lunches or snacks. Our in-house chef prepares healthy seasonal food children love to eat and caters for all dietary requirements.
- Our nursery rooms offer an environment that is warm, nurturing and rich in learning experiences. Our caring and qualified educators love to play, read, rhyme, sing, clap and dance with the babies to enhance their development.
- Toddlers are given ample opportunity to develop their social skills and self-confidence in their interactions with others, and to learn literacy and numeracy skills through real-life experiences.
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by a qualified early childhood educator. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy and social skills, it will ensure your child is ready for school and foster a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
- Our daily updates and photos allow you to keep track of your child’s learning and development.
- Our security card access system guarantees your child’s safety and security.
- Our childcare and kindergarten centre is fully air-conditioned and has conveniently located drop-off bays as well as pram storage for families that use public transport.
- Extra-curricular programs like Junior Soccer Goals sports program
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
Our philosophy is that when it comes to children we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and Drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 7:00am – 6:00pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
We look forward to partnering with you and your family to provide information, support, and high-quality early education and care in your child’s formative years. Contact our Family Support Team by calling 1800 413 868 or book a tour to start your journey with us today.
Age groups and offerings
Nursery (6 weeks-14 months)
Our nursery rooms offer:
- Nurturing environments where children feel safe to explore and discover
- Tummy time and physical activity
- Messy play and sensory activities
- Language-rich environments through play-based experiences such as music, singing and rhymes
- Angel care monitors (breathing monitors) for all children under 10 months
Toddler Room (14 months-2 years)
Our Toddler room offers:
- Play-based music and movement activities that enhance sensory-motor development
- Opportunities for children to form relationships and develop their self-confidence
- A language-rich environment that supports development through books and conversations
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Pre-Kindy (2-3 years)
Our Pre-Kindy room offers:
- Social learning through group and individual play throughout the day
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- A language-rich environment through books and conversations
- An opportunity to learn about literacy and numeracy in a safe and inspiring environment
Our Kindy room provides:
- Highly qualified educators who nurture children’s social and emotional development
- The use of children’s interests and abilities as a vehicle for learning
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- A school-readiness program focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning
- A transition-to-school program
Our families love The Learning Sanctuary Perth CBD
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. The Learning Sanctuary also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Will I be put on a waitlist?
The Learning Sanctuary Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at The Learning Sanctuary centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care service together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of The Learning Sanctuary child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
The Learning Sanctuary uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day.
After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What happens if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, The Learning Sanctuary is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.