- 200 Toohey Road, Tarragindi, QLD 4121 Australia
- Monday 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Welcome to The Learning Sanctuary Tarragindi
Our Tarragindi childcare centre is architecturally designed and purpose-built with natural outdoor spaces carefully crafted to inspire play-based exploration. We’re conveniently located for families in Tarragindi, Nathan, Salisbury, Annerley, Moorooka, Mount Gravatt, Holland Park West and Greenslopes.
We provide a nurturing early learning environment equipped with brand-new resources and a play-based curriculum. Our team of highly experienced and passionate educators are committed to developing a strong relationship with your family to ensure your child’s learning experience is tailored to their interests and needs.
- Qualified and experienced educators providing day care from nursery to kindergarten/preschool.
- Our curriculum is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and includes a daily Kindergarten program taught by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher.
- Our childcare centre promotes exploration and discovery with natural and tech-based resources inside and cubby houses, sandpits and more adventure-filled equipment outside.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys, Interactive Whiteboard and Touch Learning Tables.
- We have an Art studio and Library space which has a reading nook that children can crawl into, relax and read.
- Our STEM Room has custom furniture for children to use their creativity to build, design, engineer and explore.
- Nutritionally balanced meals are prepared daily by our in-house cook. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- Nappies, wipes, bedding and sunscreen are included for your convenience.
- Extra-curricular programs include language, music, movement and community excursions.
- Real-time photos, videos and updates via our parent communication app.
- Fully air-conditioned centre with parking to make pick-ups and drop-offs easier for parents.
- We provide flexible hours with 9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions to allow families to make the most of their Child Care Subsidy.
We look forward to partnering with you and your family to provide information, support, and high-quality early education and care in your child’s formative years. Contact our Family Support Team by calling 1800 413 868 or book a tour to start your journey with us today.
Meet the centre manager
I started working in early learning in 2006. I joined the team at The Learning Sanctuary Tarragindi in late 2022. I hold a Diploma of Childrens Services and Business Management and working in the education and care field for over 16 years and still as passionate as the day I started.
I grew up in Birmingham, England and migrated to Australia in 1992 where I discovered early childhood services and soon developed a passion for the young age groups. I have been with G8 Education for over 4 years and feel very privileged to work within an organisation that holds the same values and beliefs for children as I do.
We see our centre as an extension of the home environment; a place where children feel safe, secure and nurtured in a positive caring environment. We have a full vibrant centre which meets the needs of the local community whilst delivering positive, engaging and educational outcomes for the children in our care. We will be out in the community more than ever and I trust that I can build great relationships with all the families.
Building strong relationships between educators and families, as well as our community gives the best outcomes for our children. I am fortunate to work with a highly qualified and experienced team, whose passion for the sector is matched by their commitment to providing the children and families with the best experiences.
Age groups and offerings
Nursery (6 weeks-13 months)
Our nursery room provides:
- A safe and nurturing environment where children feel confident to explore and learn
- Tummy time, physical activity, messy play and sensory play
- Language-rich activities including music, singing, reading and rhymes
- A private room where mums can feed their babies at their convenience
Toddlers Room 1 & 2 (13 months – 2 years)
Our toddler rooms offer:
- Enhanced social skills through group and individual play
- Interactive technology designed to promote gross and fine motor skills
- A language-rich environment through books and conversations
- Opportunities to explore literacy and numeracy concepts through real-life experiences
Little Learners (2-3 years) and Early Learners (3-4 years)
Our Little Learners and Early Learners rooms provide:
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who support children’s learning and social-emotional development
- The development of literacy, numeracy and social skills through play
- Unlimited opportunities for outdoor play and discovery
- Extracurricular programs including Introduction to Japanese Culture and Future Champs, a complete health and physical educational program including Yoganastics.
Kindergarten (4-5 years)
Our kindergarten room offers:
- A school-readiness program focused on sharpening literacy and numeracy skills through play
- Opportunities for children to use their interests as a vehicle for learning
- Activities that boost social and emotional skills, self-awareness and respect for others
- A transition-to-school program
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. The Learning Sanctuary also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Will I be put on a waitlist?
The Learning Sanctuary Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at The Learning Sanctuary centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care service together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of The Learning Sanctuary child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
The Learning Sanctuary uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day.
After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What happens if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, The Learning Sanctuary is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.