- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced)
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Combine flour, oats, coconut, brown sugar and caster sugar in a large bowl
- Using a medium heat on the stovetop, stir in the butter, golden syrup and water in a saucepan. Stir until the mixture is smooth and the butter has completely melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the oat mixture and stir until all is well combined.
- Scoop out level tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Place the balls 5cms apart on the baking trays. Flatten out the balls until they are 1cm thick.
- Place in the oven for 7.5 minutes. Swap trays halfway through cooking and then cook for a further 7.5 minutes.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.