At The Learning Sanctuary Gisborne, we nurture children’s intellectual, social and physical development in a purpose-built facility designed to complement their learning.
Why choose The Learning Sanctuary Gisborne?
- A caring and qualified team of educators who provide play-based early learning experiences for children from nursery to kindergarten age.
- Our custom-built centre is designed to give children every opportunity to learn and grow, while our picturesque two-acre property engages children in exploration and adventure.
- Facilities include spacious decked and grassy areas protected by big trees and shade sails, a large timber play structure, a bike track, a teepee, a water play area and sandpits.
- Healthy and delicious meals and snacks are prepared by our in-house chef using fresh local produce.
- Our nursery provides tummy time, sensory and social experiences, and language-rich environments through dialogue and music.
- Toddlers at our centre receive age-appropriate learning that encourages self-confidence and spontaneity. Children are provided with experiences that help them explore literacy and numeracy in a fun way and help them build relationships with their peers.
- Our state-of-the-art kindergarten curriculum is guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by qualified early childhood teachers.
- Our centre also offers outside school hours care (OHSC) and vacation care for children aged 5 to 12. Our OHSC program includes school pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Our daily updates are provide through our parent communication App which include photos showcasing your child’s learning development and socialisation, as well as countless happy snaps of their journey in our centre.
- We understand that parents don’t always have time for extracurricular activities, so we offer a variety of incursion and excursion programs including music, aerobics and yoga.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Meet the centre manager – Dee Gillham
Welcome to The Learning Sanctuary Gisborne. I’m proud to be the Centre Manager at this outstanding centre.
I’ve been working in early childhood education for over 20 years. I have a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), a Diploma of Community Services and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
I’m very passionate about the early years and providing a nurturing and caring environment for children to grow. We offer a safe space where children are encouraged to explore, extend their own interests and ideas, and develop lifelong skills to reach their full potential.
Our educators believe in working as a team with our families and the larger community to build trusting relationships so we can achieve the best possible learning outcomes for all the children in our care.
We encourage you to come by the centre and discover for yourself the fantastic facilities and our large natural outdoor environment.
Take a Virtual Tour!
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
Our philosophy is that when it comes to children we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and Drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 7:00am – 6:30pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
Give us a call or drop in to our centre to find out more about our program.
Book a tour today and start your child’s journey with The Learning Sanctuary