At The Learning Sanctuary Glen Iris, we’re committed to providing high-quality early childhood education to help children develop to their fullest potential in their formative years.
Why choose our childcare centre?
- Highly qualified educators who are committed to developing a strong relationship with your family to ensure your child’s learning experience is customised to their individual needs.
- Our state-of-the-art indoor spaces are carefully crafted with your child’s optimal development in mind, while our natural outdoor environment is designed to inspire play-based exploration.
- Facilities include an indoor cubby house, outdoor play structures, bike tracks, sandpits, a water play area and a vegetable garden.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys to inspire imaginative play and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our nursery room provides a nurturing environment with plenty of opportunities to learn through play, including tummy time, sensory activities, messy play, music, singing, reading and rhymes.
- Toddlers participate in a variety of activities that improve their language, literacy, numeracy and social skills, but they won’t notice they’re learning because they’ll be too busy having fun!
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by an early childhood teacher. The curriculum focuses on developing your child’s numeracy, literacy and social skills to prepare them for big school and the world beyond.
- We even offer extracurricular activities including a dance program and a sport program to enhance your child’s development.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable garden teach children how to grow food and care for the planet.
- Nutritious seasonal meals and snacks are prepared daily by our in-house chef who caters for all dietary requirements.
- You’ll receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience via our app.
- Our PIN code access system guarantees your child’s safety and security.
- Our childcare and kindergarten centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Meet the centre manager – Supreet Kapil
I began my early childhood education and care career in 2013 and started working at The Learning Sanctuary Glen Iris in 2020. I hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care and have been in the industry for over seven years. I have worked with leading companies, experiencing different philosophies, caregiving techniques, programming, and management styles.
I have been in the industry for seven years, and every day has been different. My mother did family daycare, so I’ve always grown up with children in the house. Over the years, I have learned so much about how children learn, different teaching techniques, and working in a team cohesively and giving the children the best possible start in life.
I have learned that every child is different, they all learn differently, so I have understood the importance of delivering a program tailored specifically for the child. Working on individual goals and reflecting on them is vital for children’s development.
I believe that every child should get the opportunity to get the best possible start during their early years. They should be respected and acknowledged as a huge part of the community. I envision children as independent and confident learners who should have fun every day and learn from real-life experiences.
We have long-serving, multicultural team members who reflect our local community. Since the centre first opened, many have been here, so they know all the children and the families quite well. Our team put their heart and soul into what they do here at the centre and their love for the children attending the service.
I have had a great experience so far with touring families and showcasing our wonderful centre. I always make sure that I have a tour, so I am well prepared to know the parent by name and build a positive relationship with them from the get-go. I take them through the enrolment steps if needed on the phone or via email. During the tour, I would explain the CCS process and advise them to speak with Centrelink for further personalized clarification.
We offer families takeaway breakfast and coffee each morning. Our chef creates wonderful breakfast recipes and has them ready for parents to grab and go. We have also been doing Fun Friday’s at the centre, where we pick a theme and end the week positively, especially in these unpredictable circumstances.
I welcome the families as they enter the centre and always greet them. I always acknowledge the child as well. I start by initiating small conversations about themselves/the child/the centre.
We use Xplor a lot to communicate with the families and make sure we share critical information about the centre, their room, and what is on in the centre.
A fun fact about myself is that I have a pet bird called Emerald who is a Macaw.
The Learning Sanctuary helps your child become Big School Ready
Our school-readiness program will prepare your child for school through:
- An engaging, play-based learning approach
- The development of literacy and numeracy skills using real-life experiences
- A focus on social and emotional development
- A comprehensive curriculum taught by qualified teachers and educators
- Stimulating learning environments
We offer longer and more convenient hours than traditional kindergartens, with our program running from 7am-7pm, five days a week, for 52 weeks of the year.
Give us a call or drop in to our centre at your convenience to find out more.
Book a tour today and start your child’s journey with The Learning Sanctuary