Experience 5-star Childcare in Brighton as featured on Channel 10’s The Project
See more of Brighton making news headlines here.
Early learning reimagined at Brighton
If you believe all early learning and day care centres are the same, just wait until you visit The Learning Sanctuary Brighton.
Discover Bayside’s state-of-the-art child care and early learning centre near you. Conveniently located in Dendy Street, we offer all-inclusive childcare for children from nursery to kindergarten/preschool.
Our purpose-built centre has been designed to give children the best opportunity to learn, grow and be inspired. Working alongside experts in architecture, landscaping and design a new early learning experience for children and their families both indoors and outdoors has been created.
We believe little minds flourish when their tummies are nourished. From this mantra our qualified Chef has carefully crafted seasonal menus to cultivate a modern approach to healthy eating and well being.
Our team of qualified educators help bring our education vision to life with experience in early education. Each child receives individualised attention to help them develop at their own pace and ensure they’re ready for primary school and beyond.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
Why our families love our centre
Our flagship Brighton centre is proud to offer:
- Architecturally designed environments that offer engaging opportunities for play-based exploration and learning. These include a dedicated Creative room, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) room, water play, vegetable gardens, and our famous Red Treehouse overlooking Dendy Street.
- Our unique nutrition program will teach older children about healthy eating in an exciting way. Children love to witness our qualified Chefs culinary expertise in action as they watch on from the steps leading up to the kitchen counter. And, get involved in a truly immersive and interactive experience with food like you have never seen.
- The latest play-based early learning resources including an Interactive Whiteboard, Learning Touch Table, Bee-Bots and Primo Cubetto Coding Blocks which teach the fundamentals of logic and coding. We also have a large variety of natural, wooden toys available for all ages.
- A sustainability philosophy that is embedded throughout the centre with recycling, composting and teaching children to care for the environment.
- Daily updates and photos detailing children’s learning and development on our parent App.
- A range of fun and engaging extracurricular activities designed to teach children new skills and enhance their development, including music, dance, beach kinder and a sustainability program.
Take a virtual tour
Meet the Centre Manager – Melissa Syer
I’m thrilled to join the team at The Learning Sanctuary Brighton. Going back to the foundation of my early learning career, I completed a Bachelor of Teaching, Diploma of Children’s Service and a Postgraduate Certificate in Family Support Pre and Post Natal. The love I have for early learning has seen me work in special needs schools for two years and in 1996 I found my calling in the early learning sector which I have been working in ever since.
Having worked with all age groups I have seen every facet of early learning from being a lead educator, kinder teacher, evening coordinator and centre manager. It has been an incredible journey to help families navigate the early years. As a young girl, I always knew I wanted to work in some way with children. I used to set up schools in my bedroom and pretend to teach all my very obedient teddies. There was never any doubt as I grew older that I was going to be a teacher and having worked in the sector since 1996 it still gives me great pleasure watching children learn and discover the world around them in their own unique way.
As a Centre Manager I have the opportunity to help educate other educators and support families on the journey of their child’s early learning years. We have a passionate team of educators believe in allowing children to develop skills in their own time through engaging, inspiring, challenging, supportive and fun learning programs. Many of our educators are bi-lingual and bring forth a variety of qualifications and experience to the team.
We take pride in developing positive relationships with children and their families and fostering a strong sense of belonging. We’re always happy to listen, chat and offer advice (or even tissues and a cup of tea). Our team is looking forward to embarking on this wonderful journey with your family.
Book a tour today to experience The Learning Sanctuary difference at our flagship Brighton centre located near neighbouring suburbs Elsternwick, Sandringham, St Kilda and Elwood. We look forward to meeting you and sharing the exciting journey ahead with your family.