Experience 5-star Childcare in Brighton as featured on Channel 10’s The Project
See more of Brighton making news headlines here.
Early learning reimagined at Brighton
If you believe all early learning and day care centres are the same, just wait until you visit The Learning Sanctuary Brighton.
Discover Bayside’s state-of-the-art child care and early learning centre near you. Conveniently located in Dendy Street, we offer all-inclusive childcare for children from nursery to kindergarten/preschool.
Our purpose-built centre has been designed to give children the best opportunity to learn, grow and be inspired. Working alongside experts in architecture, landscaping and design a new early learning experience for children and their families both indoors and outdoors has been created.
We believe little minds flourish when their tummies are nourished. From this mantra our qualified Chef has carefully crafted seasonal menus to cultivate a modern approach to healthy eating and well being.
Our team of qualified educators help bring our education vision to life with experience in early education. Each child receives individualised attention to help them develop at their own pace and ensure they’re ready for primary school and beyond.
Hear from some of our families at The Learning Sanctuary
Why our families love our centre
Our flagship Brighton centre is proud to offer:
- Architecturally designed environments that offer engaging opportunities for play-based exploration and learning. These include a dedicated Creative room, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) room, water play, vegetable gardens, and our famous Red Treehouse overlooking Dendy Street.
- Our unique nutrition program will teach older children about healthy eating in an exciting way. Children love to witness our qualified Chefs culinary expertise in action as they watch on from the steps leading up to the kitchen counter. And, get involved in a truly immersive and interactive experience with food like you have never seen.
- The latest play-based early learning resources including an Interactive Whiteboard, Learning Touch Table, Bee-Bots and Primo Cubetto Coding Blocks which teach the fundamentals of logic and coding. We also have a large variety of natural, wooden toys available for all ages.
- A sustainability philosophy that is embedded throughout the centre with recycling, composting and teaching children to care for the environment.
- Daily updates and photos detailing children’s learning and development on our parent App.
- A range of fun and engaging extracurricular activities designed to teach children new skills and enhance their development, including music, dance, beach kinder and a sustainability program.
Take a virtual tour
Meet the Centre Manager – Kayla McLachlan
I am excited to join the team at The Learning Sanctuary Brighton!
In 2015, I started my journey in Early Education. I entered my first service and instantly fell in love with this career and knew it was meant to be! Since then, I have worked as a Room Leader, Work Health and Safety Coordinator, Educational Leader, Assistant Centre Manager and now Centre Manager. I have worked alongside many leaders in the sector, which has inspired me to continue growing professionally, which is shown through my Advanced Diploma of Community Management.
I believe families and community play an important part in children’s lives, shown through our centre’s philosophy and daily practice. By involving families and the community in our service, it creates a welcoming and safe place for all, ensuring the transition to care is as relaxed as possible.
I have developed not only professionally but personally during my time in Early Education. This has guided my teaching style, which is focused on play-based learning. Children thrive when their imagination and development is encouraged and supported throughout all parts of the routines, including meal, rest, and indoor/outdoor play.
My approach when supporting children on their life journey and development differentiates with each individual child. By getting to know the children and family’s culture, interests, hopes, and dreams, we can work together to ensure the best quality outcomes for the children.
I look forward to being apart of your child’s Early Learning journey.
Book a tour today to experience The Learning Sanctuary difference at our flagship Brighton centre located near neighbouring suburbs Elsternwick, Sandringham, St Kilda and Elwood. We look forward to meeting you and sharing the exciting journey ahead with your family.