At The Learning Sanctuary Norwood Montessori, we employ the Montessori educational approach to inspire a love of learning and foster self-confidence and independence.
Why choose our centre?
- Our boutique centre offers a high-quality Montessori educational program in a carefully crafted yet comfortable environment that feels like a home away from home.
- We proudly hold an “Exceeding” rating from the National Quality Standard.
- Facilities include two large outdoor areas, a courtyard, several play structures, a water play area, two vegetable gardens, and animals including chickens, rabbits, birds and fish.
- The children use the herbs, fruit and veggies they grow in the garden to engage in cooking experiences and feed our centre pets.
- Our sustainability philosophy is embedded throughout the centre with a worm farm, recycling, composting, water management procedures and teaching children to care for the environment.
- We offer the latest natural and tech-based early learning resources, including Montessori materials and SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards.
- Our multi-aged rooms and learning environments allow children to interact with and learn from children of different ages while progressing at their own pace.
- Our government-approved kindergarten program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by an early childhood teacher who has a master’s degree in teaching.
- We offer extracurricular activities to enhance your child’s development, including karate, the Little Tennis Stars program and the Hey Dee Ho music and movement program.
- Nutritious morning and afternoon tea are provided every day.
- Our daily updates and photos allow you to keep track of your child’s learning and development.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
Listen to what our families say about The Learning Sanctuary:
Meet the centre manager – Erin Turner
I hold a Diploma of Children’s Services and a Diploma of Business Management. I’ve been working in child care since 2010.
We are a close-knit community at The Learning Sanctuary Norwood Montessori. We practice the Montessori method of learning and have a team of strong, passionate educators guiding and supporting our children’s learning.
We pride ourselves on ensuring our centre is an extension of your child’s home life. We want children to feel a sense of belonging during their journey with us.
I love making strong connections with children, families and the wider community. I welcome you to visit us and see for yourself why our centre is so special.
Get the full kindergarten experience at The Learning Sanctuary
Our philosophy is that when it comes to children we believe in learning through play, learning from experimentation, and learning to take on the years ahead with awe and imagination.
Our school readiness program is focused on literacy and numeracy through play-based learning and you’ll be able to watch this journey with daily updates via our app.
Our curriculum lays the foundations for a successful educational journey through:
- Science, technology and mathematics
- Language and literacy
- Arts and Drama
- Social and emotional development
- Family and community partnerships
Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 7:00am – 6:30pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week to truly prepare your child for school.
Give us a call or drop in to our centre to find out more about our program.
Book a tour today and start your child’s journey with The Learning Sanctuary