This is a really fun way to use up small pieces of old sidewalk chalk, or take your sidewalk chalk game to a whole new level – especially if you’re taking part in the #rainbowtrail movement in your community!
Children at our centres love making and playing with sidewalk puffy paint. If you are concerned about getting it off your sidewalk once dry, just be sure to wash it off while it’s still wet.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dishwashing liquid
- 1 piece sidewalk chalk – or the leftover remnants of old chalk are perfect for this!
- Plastic squeeze bottle
This recipe fills up a small bottle of paint. If you’d like to make several colours, simply double the recipe and divide the mixture before adding the chalk.
- Mix flour with water, then add 1 tablespoon of dish soap. Mix well until all clumps are gone.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the sidewalk chalk piece on the finest setting in the colour of your choice. The more chalk you add, the brighter the colour will be!
- Be sure to use within the same day you make it – and have fun creating beautiful pictures on your driveway!